Light up the barbecue and treat your guests to this grilled chili-garlic tri-tip.
Make this rub ahead of time, pack it up and take it on your next camping trip or serve it at your next cook out.
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 - 2 pound boneless tri-tip roast
- In a medium skillet, combine caraway seeds, cumin seeds, and coriander seeds.
- Cook over medium high heat for 2 to 3 minute or until seeds are toasted, shaking constantly.
- Cool and transfer seeds to a clean coffee grinder; pulse to form a fine powder.
- In a bowl, combine spice seed powder, ketchup, sriracha chili sauce, oil, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Trim fat from meat.
- Place meat in a shallow dish; pour chili sauce mixture over meat and spread with fingers.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Grill to your desired doneness.