How to Bake in a Clay Flower Pot: Using terra cotta pots to bake in is super easy and adds a whimsical touch to any dinner party. Perfect for barbecues. Below I’ll show you how easy it is to transform your favorite baking recipe into a fun themed party treat using clay pots! As long as you follow the directions listed below you can bake anything in clay pots! Cupcakes would be adorable.
How Prep Clay Flower Pots for Baking
- Scrub pots thoroughly in hot soapy water.
- Rinse well and allow to dry overnight.
- Using vegetable oil, rub the interior and lip of pot/pots I poured my oil in a bowl and used a paper towel.
- Keep oiling until the pots will absorb no more. Be patient. They are very absorbent. I rubbed them 8 times.
- Place pots on a baking pan lined with foil in a COLD oven.
- Turn oven on to 400°, once the oven reaches the temperature (400°), turn the oven off and allow the oven to cool.
- Rub each pot with oil again (only once) to season one more time.
- Place in COLD oven, turn oven on to 400°, once the oven reaches the temperature (400°), turn the oven off and allow the oven to cool.
- NOW YOUR POTS ARE READY FOR BAKING.
How to Warm Cold Bread, Muffins and Cornbread in Clay Pots
- Place COLD pots in a COLD oven, turn the temperature to 400°. Once the oven reaches 400°, turn the oven off and remove the pots.
- THE POTS WILL STAY HOT/WARM UP TO 20-30 MINUTES!
Can I Bake in Clay Pots the Day Before?
How to Clean Baked Bits Off Of Terra Cotta Pots
- Soak in warm water a few minutes to loosen any bits of food.
- To remove stubborn food items, use hot water without detergent and a gently abrasive pad
- TO REMOVE ODOR: Fill with enough warm water to cover pots add 2 tablespoons baking soda. Soak clean pots a few minutes.
How to Seal the Bottom Hole
IF YOU HAVE A HOLE AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR TERRA COTTA POT: Spray the bottom of the pot with non stick cooking spray, place pot on a piece of parchment paper, use a pencil to draw around the base of the pot (don’t worry the eraser on the pencil will remove the pencil mark on the pots). Cut the circle on the inside of the line. Place circle in the bottom of the pot and spray again with non stick cooking spray.
SIGN UP FOR THE LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN NEWSLETTER AND FOLLOW THE LADY BEHIND THE PARTY ETSY SHOP
THANKS FOR VISITING♥