This wonderful Roasted Red Pepper Mango Sauce is sweet with a little kick from the crushed red peppers.
The sweet mango and the smokey red peppers compliment each other to make a delicious sauce. This Roasted Red Pepper Mango Sauce would serve as the perfect base for a salsa. Just add cilantro and lime. Serve with chips or serve as is on chicken or fish.
I love these Mangoes. I always have a jar in the refrigerator. It’s perfect to make sweet salsa’s or smoothies.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (20 ounce) jar mango, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar or apple vinegar
- 2 tablespoons green onion, roughly chopped
- In a food processor add the pepper, onion, oil, mango, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, salt, vinegar and green onion.
- Pulse until pureed.
- Add mixture to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain