This slow cooker beef dip sandwich is one of my families favorites. It has more flavor than the traditional beef dip sandwich. I love serving this for lunch or dinner.
Put in the slow cooker in the morning before work and come home to a finished dinner.
Make extra for leftovers. Pack into single serving containers and freeze for your husbands lunch.
- 3 pound chuck roast
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup lite soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 whole peppercorns
- 8 French rolls
- Place roast in a large slow cooker.
- Add water, soy sauce, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or until beef is tender. (on high 5 to6 hours)
- Remove meat from broth.
- Shred beef, discard the bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Return beef to the broth.
- Serve on a French roll with broth on the side.