Tex-Mex Sloppy Joe Tacos: These tacos are full of flavor without all the work! It’s time to mix it up! Serve a spicy, saucy taco for dinner made in your slow cooker! This recipe is so good you could serve it at your next Tex-Mex Party! Make it special with a build-your-own taco bar!
I love making dinner in my slow cooker especially in the summer when I don’t want to heat up my kitchen. There’s nothing more satisfying then walking in the door after a busy day to the smell of dinner!
Don’t forget to pin this to your slow cooker board. Don’t have a slow cooker board? Let me help you create one! I have one that can get you started on some great recipes.
LBC – Slow Cooker Recipes (link)
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion (2 large)
- 4 cups bottled salsa (Medium hotness)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fresh corn or frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (*tip below)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1-1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 16 to 20 6-inch flour tortillas or hoagie rolls, spit and toasted
- vegetable oil for deep frying tortillas
- assorted toppings
- In a large skillet brown hamburger and onions until tender; drain off fat.
- In a 4- to 5- quart slow cooker combine meat mixture, salsa, peppers, corn, chili powder, coriander, and garlic salt.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Fry tortillas, fold in half, place on rack lined with paper towels. Let cool.
- Use a slotted spoon to fill tortillas with meat mixture.
- Add assorted toppings.