“This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels | “I Put a Spell on You and Now You’re Mine”. The three sisters from Hocus Pocus didn’t use wands but if they had I would of pictured them looking just like these Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels. These sweet and salty treats are covered in swirls of various potions and provide the perfect Halloween Party treat or party favor.
Scroll down for over 25 more amazing Halloween Party Ideas from our #HalloweenTreatsWeek! That’s not all enter to win an amazing prize! ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
The easiest way of displaying decorated pretzels is by inserting them into containers filled with rice. I usually color rice to go with my color scheme. Click here to find out how to color rice—->>>>HOW TO COLOR RICE.
A fun Halloween Party idea is to place the Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels into a small enough container that will fit inside a cauldron and leave enough space inside (the cauldron) around the edges to be able to add dry ice. What a fun centerpiece for your Halloween Party! I picture a large cauldron in the center of the table with white bubbling smoke coming out.
Make sure to watch my video to see how easy it is to create your own marbleized decorated pretzels. This technique is one of my favorite ways to decorated pretzels.
To make these Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels I used black, orange, purple and green Wilton Candy Melts, Wilton Green Pearl Sprinkles, Wilton Luster Dust and Wilton Edible Gold Stars. I also used the Wilton Melting Pot.
Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels
- 1 (12 ounce) bag black candy melts
- 1 cup orange candy melts
- 1 cup purple candy melts
- 1 cup lime green candy melts
- edible gold stars
- green pearl sprinkles
- while luster powder
- 12 pretzel rods
Pour candy into a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave 1 minute on high and 30 seconds at 70%, stir until creamy. Pour each melted color (except the black) into their own piping bag. Snip the tip off of each bag and set aside. TIP: To keep candy in piping bags warm place in a Wilton melting pot (without the silicone insert) or baking pan on a heating pad (not the kind you use for your back). Leave black in the bowl or melting pot.
Coat (ONLY ONE PRETZEL AT A TIME) pretzel with melted black candy, lightly tap off excess. Add drizzles of orange, purple and green. Tap side of pretzel while turning it (refer to video). If you find a spot that doesn't have enough color simply add the missing color. Repeat tapping and turning. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. While pretzel is still wet add the pearls and gold stars. Place the cookie sheet of decorated pretzels in the refrigerator to harden (about 15 minutes). Once pretzels have set, shake a small amount of the luster into a small bowl, brush onto decorated pretzels.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate from Big Bear’s Wife
- Day of the Dead Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes from Pook’s Pantry
- Devilish Halloween Deviled Eggs from Pastry Chef Online
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from ReciPEAs
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Mrs. Happy Homemaker
- Black Magic Skull Cakes from Sugar Dish Me
- Frankenstein’s Monster Pudding Cups from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Sprinkle Cookie Cake from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Dipped Brownie Pops for Halloween from Southern From Scratch
- Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits from 4 Sons R Us
- “Guts” Cinnamon Rolls from A Blender Mom
- Creepy Eyeball Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mummy Bites from Eat Move Make
- Monkey Brain Bread from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookie Pizza from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Boo Berry Pie from Kudos Kitchen
- Monster Donuts from The Baking Fairy
- Boogeyman Brew from Who Needs A Cape?
- Purple People Eater Thumbprints from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Black and Orange Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Skeleton Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Mash Cake from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Skillet Brownies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Blood-Red Pomegranate Margarita from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Snoballs from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Dunkaroo Dip from Savory Experiments
- Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Eye Scream Sundae from For the Love of Food
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER