Toasted Butter Pecan Cupcakes | When your favorite ice cream becomes a delicious cupcake! These tender cupcakes are filled with toffee bits, toasted butter pecans and makes the perfect summertime cupcake!
Think outside the box and create a fun way to serve everyone’s favorite ice cream. Whether it’s too cold outside to eat ice cream or too hot to serve it you can always still have ice cream just in the form of a cupcake! Quite possibly the perfect party cupcake! This recipe makes 36 cupcakes which makes them perfect for birthdays, family gatherings and potlucks!
Toasted Butter Pecan Cupcakes
For the Butter Pecan Cupcakes
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cups toffee bits plus 3/4 cup for sprinkling
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounce cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pounds (32 ounces) confectioners' sugar
For The Butter Pecan Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 36 cupcake wells with cupcake liners.
- In a heavy skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add pecans; cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Cream the remaining butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to cream mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in the pecans and 1 cup toffee bits.
- Fill cupcake wells 2/3 full.
- Bake 19 to 21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the muffin tins.
- Pipe or spread on frosting and sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup toffee bits.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until creamy and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, whip together.
- Add confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time until completely incorporated and fluffy.
Click here to view the whole party—>>>COUNTRY SHRIMP BOIL PARTY.
MORE CUPCAKE RECIPES
NEVER MISS A POST!
Sign up for my newsletter (two per month) and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER