A healthier version than the traditionally fried hush puppy. These are not only good with seafood but also chili.
- non stick cooking spray
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly spray 24-cup mini muffin pan.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and minced onion.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, eggs and butter.
- Fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture until just moistened.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the batter into each of the prepared mini muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until firm to the touch and golden brown around the edges.
I SHARED THIS IDEA/RECIPE AT THESE PARTIES