No candy thermometer needed! Just make your coating, toss and let the oven do all the work. With a buttery caramel flavor you would swear you bought this at a candy store. WARNING!!! This is addictive! 🙂 Perfect to serve on Movie Night, a Circus Party, Western Party, rustic wedding reception, basically this popcorn would make a great fit for any occasion.
- 15 cups popped corn
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Divide popped corn between 2 ungreased 9x13-inch baking pans.
- In a saucepan, heat sugar, butter corn syrup and salt, stirring occasionally, until bubbly around the edges.
- Continue cooking over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in baking soda until foamy.
- Pour on popped corn, stirring until corn is well coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Pour on the counter lined with parchment paper to cool.
This recipe is from the Betty Crocker 1971 recipe card library.
MORE CARNIVAL TREATS
Sign up for my newsletter (two per month) and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER