These tender Buttermilk Biscuits are beautiful to look as for sure. But drizzle on some Fried Chicken Country Gravy and you have a masterpiece! Biscuits and Gravy happens to be my number one favorite breakfast.
I love the versatility of biscuits. Alone they are fabulous but add some blackberry jelly and a slab of country ham and you have a wonderful snack. The next best thing to biscuits and gravy is Fried Chicken Sandwiches! You have got to try those. They start with Buttermilk Biscuits, a piece of fried chicken and…..Fried Chicken Country Gravy! Oh YES! That is a breakfast this country girl can sink her teeth into. 🙂
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoons plus 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a rimmed 10x15-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add cold butter to the flour mixture; use a fork and cut the butter in until the flour mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add buttermilk; stir until combined.
- Turn dough out onto a well floured surface.
- Roll into a 10x9-inch rectangle.
- Dip a 3-inch round cutter into flour and cut into dough.
- Re-roll scraps as needed.
- Place biscuits on prepared pan.
- Brush tops with melted butter
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.