Wondering what to do with your leftover fried chicken? Fried Chicken Biscuit Sandwiches is the answer! These sandwiches start with a fluffy Buttermilk Biscuit topped with a crispy flavorful piece of fried chicken and then (I can’t even get over this) Fried Chicken Country Gravy! Yep, I KNOW! Ridiculous!
I love that something so simple can be so delicious! These Fried Chicken Biscuit Sandwiches are not just great for leftovers but totally awesome for a breakfast buffet or brunch. ANOTHER OPTION: Skip the gravy and drizzle on some honey. I love a savory sandwich with a little bit of sweet added.
- 2 boneless skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 5 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- canola oil, for frying
- 6 Buttermilk Biscuits
- Fried Chicken Country Gravy
- Place a piece of chicken on a piece of plastic wrap with another piece on top.
- Pound chicken until 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut into 3 portions; repeat for other piece of chicken.
- Place chicken in a zip top bag with the buttermilk, hot sauce and 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oil.
- While oil is heating; In a shallow dish, stir together the flour, remaining 3 teaspoons salt and pepper.
- Remove one piece of chicken from buttermilk mixture, dredge in the flour mixture and carefully place in the hot oil.
- Repeat until the skillet is full but not crowded; fry until golden and a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion reads 165 degrees (about 10 minutes on each side).
- Place cooked chicken on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Repeat until ALL the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with a warm Buttermilk Biscuit and a drizzle of Fried Chicken Country Gravy.
MORE BRUNCH SANDWICH RECIPES