Cake Batter Funfetti Ice Cream: Bringing two favorite desserts together to create the perfect birthday party treat. Since this ice cream doesn’t have to be cooked you can have this amazing birthday party ice cream ready in no time.
Customize this delicious ice cream to your color theme!
How to Make Cake Batter Funfetti Ice Cream
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 1/8 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup yellow dry cake mix
- 1½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons sprinkles ( I used Jimmies)
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk or beat together the milk, sugar, cake mix and vanilla until sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in heavy cream.
- Turn the machine on; pour the mixture into the freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Five minutes before mixing is completed, add the sprinkles and let mix in completely.
- The ice cream will be soft, for a firmer ice cream, transfer to an air tight container and freeze an additional 2 hours.
Ice Cream Storage
How to Make Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Maker
- Stir together the ice cream mixture and pour into a 8-10 inch square baking pan (I like to use metal because it gets really cold but glass will work too).
- Place the ice cream mixture in the freezer for 90 minutes. Remove from the freezer and whisk the mixture, making sure to scrap the sides of the pan and break up any frozen chunks. Return pan to the freezer and continue freezing.
- Check the ice cream mixture again after 45 minutes. Remove from the freezer and whisk the mixture, making sure to scrap down the sides of the pan. TIP: You will need a sturdy whisk as the mixture begins to freeze. Return the ice cream to the freezer as quickly as possible after whisking.
- Continue freezing the mixture, checking it again after 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer and whisk the mixture, scraping down the sides. Return to the freezer as quickly as possible. Repeat this process 2 more times, every 30 minutes. After a couple of hours, it should be thickening to a slushy soft-serve consistency.
- Continue breaking the ice cream up and stirring it for as long as you like. The longer you whisk the ice cream and continue breaking it up as it freezes, it will create an airier or fluffier final product. Ice cream without a machine typically takes 3-4 hours to freeze to a soft serve consistency.