These Candied Walnuts are not just for snacking. Although I would definitely have a bowl of these out for a dinner party. Have a jar of these Candied Walnuts waiting in the pantry to use for dressing up a salad. I love adding them to the tops of brownies like my Company Brownies. Have as a snack, sprinkle on a salad or place on a dessert. These Candied Walnuts will add that something special to any dish. Create your own Recipe Box and save your favorite Lady Behind The Curtain recipes. Make a Meal Plan with your favorite recipes and ZipList will automatically add the ingredients to a Shopping List.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups walnuts
- Mix corn syrup, sugar, water and all in a heavy sauce pan.
- Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves, boil until candy thermometer reaches the soft ball stage about 238 degrees.
- Remove from heat, sir in vanilla, cinnamon and walnuts.
- Turn out onto wax paper and pull the nuts apart while cooling.
TIP: If you don't pull the nuts apart you will end up with one giant praline.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain