Easy Caramel Sauce | Everything you love about a caramel sauce without the candy thermometer! This Easy Caramel Sauce is so easy to make you’ll want to always have a jar in your fridge. Add to a milk shake, coffee, ice cream, or top a brownie. The choices are endless for this yummy jar of golden deliciousness. To see just how easy it is to make this sauce…..watch the below video.
This Easy Caramel Sauce comes with a WARNING! Once you are finished using the sauce put the lid back on the jar and slowly step AWAY! This is not a beverage and no I didn’t drink from the jar 😉
I used this Easy Caramel Sauce as a drizzle on my Company Brownies.
Easy Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Mix the brown sugar, half and half, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker.
- Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further.
- Turn off the heat, cool slightly and pour the sauce into a jar.
- Refrigerate until cold.
MORE RECIPES USING CARAMEL
NEVER MISS A POST!
Sign up for my newsletter (two per month) and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER