Taking time for lunch. Sounds simple but how many of us really do it? This is something I struggle with all the time. Most times my lunch consists of baked chips and a diet soda. I think that I don’t have time to walk away from my computer and eat. When in fact I would be far more productive if I did walk away for an hour, ate a good lunch and relaxed.
It’s time WE take back the lunch hour! No more eating warmed up instant soup at our desks! The lunch hour is an important time. A time of refueling and renewing our minds.
I developed this curried chicken salad waffle sandwich recipe because I needed something not only good to eat but good for me. The addition of cheese adds another layer of texture and flavor.
TIP: Save time by using leftover chicken or buy a rotisserie chicken at your grocery store. For a calorie buster serve this salad on a bed of spinach or pack in a mason jar.
TIP: Most likely you will have leftover Jicama. I like to cut jicama into strips and serve it in my Baja style tacos. Delish! Jicama adds a wonderful crunch. Can’t find Jicama? You can also use sliced water chestnuts.
Separate biscuit dough and roll into 4-inch rounds.
Place on pre heated waffle iron.
Bake 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3 cups cooked chicken (2 large breasts)
- 1/2 cup jicama, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 ounce lemon yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Cheddar Mozzarella Cheese
- (optional) spinach leaves
- 16.3 ounce store bought can of refrigerated biscuits
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, jicama, celery and peanuts.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, curry powder, yogurt and pepper.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over chicken; gently toss to coat.
- Heat Belgian or regular waffle maker.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; press or roll each into 4-inch rounds.
- Depending on size of waffle maker, place 2 to 4 biscuit rounds at a time on hot waffle maker.
- Bake 2 minute or until golden brown. Cool.
- Place spinach leaves on bottom waffle (optional), spoon and spread chicken mixture onto each of 4 waffle bottoms; top with remaining waffles.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain