Halloween Orange Cream Mini Cone Cupcakes | Full of fun and easy to make. Perfect for your Halloween party, cake walk or bake sale. Starting with a delicious orangesicle cake mix and topped with fun Halloween colored frosting.
Have you ever seen these tiny ice cream cones? I love them! They’re the perfect size for my granddaughters. Slide one into a goody bag to give as a party favor.
Don’t worry if you can’t find an orangesicle cake mix (they are usually seasonal) you can still create a yummy orange cake by using a white cake mix (plus ingredients listed on the box), 2 teaspoons orange extract and 2 teaspoons orange zest.
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 boxed orangesicle cake mix-plus ingredients to make cake
- 36 mini cones
- orange gel food coloring
For the Butter Frosting:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons water
- black gel food coloring
- purple gel food coloring
- green gel food coloring
- 3 pipping bags
- 3 of the same tip
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the mini cones in the cups of a mini muffin pan.
- Follow the directions on the cake mix box.
- Fill a zip top bag with the batter.
- Cut the tip and pipe batter into the cones.
- Fill 3/4 full.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely in the mini muffin pan.
For Butter Frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter until fluffy.
- Add 1 cup of confectioners' sugar and beat until well combined.
- Add the remaining sugar and water.
- Alternate with the sugar and water.
- Separate frosting into 3 bowls.
- Add the black food coloring to one bowl. (enough to get the color you want)
- Add the purple food coloring to another bowl. (enough to get the color you want)
- Add the green food coloring to another bowl. (enough to get the color you want)
- Fill each piping bag fitted with the a tip with the three different colors of frosting.
- Pipe a layer of the black frosting; another layer of the purple frosting and top with the green frosting.
- Add a mini spider for fun!
MORE HALLOWEEN PARTY RECIPES