Jalapeno Popper Burgers | Celebrate summer with the best burger you’ll ever try! When two of your favorite bar foods come together and make a fantastic burger! This easy burger is not spicy just very flavorful. Perfect for a fiesta celebration, backyard barbecue or anytime you want a great burger!
When everyone’s around the table and it’s quite (except for the moaning) you know you’ve created something good!
Make 12 small patties, add some of the filling to 6 of the patties, lay another patty on top and pinch seams together.
Jalapeno Popper Burgers
For the Filling
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeds and veins removed, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
For the Burgers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 6 hamburger buns
- tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
For the Filling:
- In small bowl, combine the jalapeno, bacon and cream cheese until smooth.
For the Burgers:
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, salt, lemon-pepper, pepper and paprika.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 12 small thin patties.
- Spoon Bacon mixture into center of 6 patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and juices run clear.
- Top with pepper Jack cheese; cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and avocado slices.
MORE GREAT BURGER RECIPES