FLAVORS FROM MY PAST.
ORANGE DREAM PUPPY CHOW!
In the “olden” days we used to call them 50/50 bars. Vanilla ice cream swirled with orange sherbet. It was my favorite! That’s what this puppy chow recipe reminds me of. Because this puppy chow reminds me of ice cream I thought it would be fun to give this treat as a party favor for an ice cream themed party. I love using the rocket pops because the gift can be used again for a Popsicle. Don’t have the rocket pops? How about serving them in ice cream cups. Either way they are cute and full of yummy goodness.
- 3 ounce orange gelatin mix
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 cups rice chex cereal
- 1 pound container vanilla bark
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a large zip top bag add the gelatin and confectioners' sugar.
- Mix to combine and set aside.
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl.
- Keep the candy in the tray it comes in and place in the microwave.
- Microwave 1 minute, stir and heat an additional minute.
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal and stir until cereal is completely coated.
- Dump into the bag with the confectioners' sugar mixture, shake until all the cereal is coated.
- Pour onto the large foil covered pan until set.
- Store in a covered container up to 2 weeks.
This recipe is at Lady Behind The Curtain