Overnight Blackberry Ginger Oatmeal | Perfectly creamy with a little touch of fruit and a hint of ginger. This heart healthy breakfast is a great way to start your morning. Even if you sleep in you can still have a homemade breakfast. Simply pack and go!
Make up several different versions for busy weekends with overnight visitors. Pack in half pint mason jars and take them to the beach for a great mid day snack. If eating oatmeal cold isn’t your thing you can heat it in the microwave for a comfy warm breakfast.
- 1 (6 ounce) low fat vanilla yogurt
- 2/3 cup regular old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seed
- 1/2 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 2 teaspoons snipped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- In a medium bowl stir together the yogurt, oats, milk, apricot preserves, chia seeds, flaxseeds and ginger.
- Fold in the fresh blackberries.
- Divide oatmeal mixture equally between TWO half pint jars with lids.
- Cover and chill overnight or up to 3 days in refrigerator.
- Add garnish before serving.
MORE ON THE GO BREAKFAST RECIPES