Lemon Bars To Go | The perfect take along treat. Hand these to go desserts to your guests as they leave, add them to your dessert table, give as a hostess gift, teachers gift or take for lunch! Whatever you decide to do I know this dessert will be loved by all! Scroll down to see my new twist on the crust. You’re going to LOVE it!
Instead of the traditional crust I used my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe as the base for the crust. So now you get TWO treats in one! The tart goodness from the lemon and a soft delicious cookie at the bottom.
Lightly add oatmeal cookie crust; bake.
Add filling and bake.
Lemon Bars To-Go
For the Oatmeal Cookie Crust
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Lemon Filling
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- zest of 3 lemons
- 2/3 cups lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 tablespoon all-purpose flour
For the Oatmeal Cookie Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Add egg, beating until combined.
- Combine flour, oats, and baking powder.
- Gradually add to butter mixture; beat until combined.
- In 10-4 ounce jars spoon crust into jars and lightly press.
- Place jars on a cookie sheet for easy handling.
- Bake for 12 minutes. This is just to start the baking process for the crust it will complete baking when the lemon filling is added.
- While the crust is baking make your filling.
For the Lemon Filling:
- Whisk together the sugar and eggs in a medium saucepan.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, butter and flour.
- Whisk together constantly over medium low heat until slightly thickened and warm (just to a boil).
- Carefully pour over baked crust.
- Bake an additional 7 minutes or until the edges are set, but the center still moves slightly when jiggled.
- Allow to cool completely and dust with confectioners sugar.
MORE MINI DESSERTS