Pecan Sandies with Praline Filling
For the Pecan Sandies
teaspoons vanilla extract
cups all-purpose flour
cup finely chopped pecans
For the Praline Filling
cup brown sugar, packed
cup whipping cream
cup powdered sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Pecan Sandies:
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour until well blended.
- Stir in pecans; mix well.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1-inch balls; place on a greased baking sheet.
- Lightly press and slightly flatten.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until bottom edges are golden brown.
- TIP: After 10 minutes of baking take cookies out and with the bottom portion of a teaspoon measuring spoon make a dent in the cookie.
- Return to the oven to complete baking.
- Cool on wire rack.
For Praline Filling:
- Bring the brown sugar, whipping cream and butter to a boil in a 1-qt. pan over medium heat, stirring often.
- Boil, stirring occasionally, 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Gradually whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Let stand 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Using a teaspoon measuring spoon pour into indention on cookie.
- HINT: This recipe makes more then you will need for the cookie recipe either make more cookies or freeze it for some other time like for more cookies or for maple bars.