These cinnamon roll cookies are soft and chewy. A NEW way to make snickerdoodles. Make extra to give out as a hostess gift or teachers gift and don’t forget about the bake sale. Always have some of these cinnamon roll cookies on hand. They freeze beautifully!
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks, 1 tablespoon honey and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape a heaping tablespoonful of dough into a 6-inch log.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; roll log in cinnamon-sugar.
- Loosely coil log into a spiral shape.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Repeat, placing cookies 1-in. apart.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, melt baking chocolate with remaining honey; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies.
This recipe was adapted from the Taste Of Home October/November 2010 magazine.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain