Grandma B’s Persimmon Cookies. This old fashioned persimmon cookie recipe has been handed down from generation to generation—and now you can do the same! A thick moist cookie that is more like a slice of quick bread then your typical cookie. This cookie recipe has a whole cup of persimmon pulp (scroll down to see how to pulp persimmons) and all the warm spices of the holiday season.
How to make Grandma B’s Persimmon Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda and whisk together.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the shortening, sugar, egg and persimmon pulp until fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in nuts.
- Using a ice cream scoop place cookie mounds on a cookie sheet and press the tops down a little.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center are baked through.
MORE RECIPES USING PERSIMMON
How to pulp persimmons
MORE CHRISTMAS COOKIE TRAY RECIPES
- PECAN SANDIES WITH PRALINE FILLING
- BROWN BUTTER GLAZED PECAN CRESCENT COOKIES
- COFFEE SHOP BROWNIE MIX BISCOTTI
- CLASSIC SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE
- LOADED CHOCOLATE CHIP PRETZEL COOKIES
- Click here for over 90 RECIPES—->>>>COOKIE RECIPES