YES! You can make your own pretzels using store bought pizza dough.
These pizza dough pretzel bites are just as chewy and delicious as the real thing. Your guests will not know the difference. No waiting for the dough to rise. In 30 minutes your hungry game watchers can be enjoying a platter of pretzel bites.
To make these fun pizza dough pretzel bites I used Pillsbury Whole Grain Artisan Pizza Dough. I love the added grains and texture the dough had to offer.
Serve these pizza dough pretzel bites with my Bloody Mary Beer.
- 1 (13.8 ounce) Pillsbury whole grain artisan pizza crust
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 egg
- sea salt for sprinkling (about 1 tablespoon)
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out pizza crust to 7x13-inch piece.
- Cut into 1-inch strips.
- Cut 1-inch strips into 3-inch pieces.
- Roll into balls.
- Place balls on prepared cookie sheet.
- In a large skillet bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add the baking soda and half of the pretzel bites.
- With a slotted spoon continuously move the pretzel bites around flipping them over for 2 minutes.
- Transfer back to the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Continue with the remaining pretzel bites.
DON'T FREAK ABOUT THE BUBBLES-It's okay.
- Once all the bites are boiled brush on lightly beaten egg, sprinkle on sea salt.
- Bake 14 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
This is a LBC original!
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain