Saucy Zucchini Lasagna | This lasagna is made with my families favorite Easy Homemade Spaghetti Sauce and so good you will never miss the noodles.
This wonderful versatile go to dish has layers of zucchini instead of noodles perfect for those of us that have to watch our carb intake. Besides it’s all about the sauce and yummy cheese! Makes enough to serve 8 or make it last several days for TWO! This dish also freezes beautifully. Make as a freezer meal! Not only is lasagna versatile….zucchini is too. Like in my Low Fat Zucchini Muffins.
Add a layer of sauce.
Layer of sliced zucchini.
Layer of cheese mixture.
Layer of shredded cheese, repeat and bake.
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 5 cups Easy Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- 3 large sliced zucchini
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl stir together the ricotta, parsley and egg.
- Layer (into prepared dish) 1 cup sauce, 5 slices (or more) of zucchini, 1 cup ricotta mixture and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- The second layer goes like this; 4 cups of sauce, 7 slices of zucchini, remaining ricotta and the remaining 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
MORE CASSEROLE RECIPES