Pimiento Cheese Breakfast Casserole: A stick to your ribs Southern dish that will quickly become a family favorite.
Serving up something hearty for breakfast is a must on the weekends. With all the weekend activities we really need something that will keep us going until lunch. I made this casserole with country ham. Bacon and sausage would work too. Substitute in your families favorite meat. To dress up this dish for a brunch you could serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped chives.
Make this casserole the night before and pop it in the oven when you get up for a quick meal. This casserole is also wonderful as leftovers. That night I served it with grilled steaks and a salad. Now that’s what a call the perfect dish.
- 1/2 pound country smoked ham, diced
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- sour cream
- chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add the ham, potatoes, sour cream, pimientos, Cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, milk, green onion, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
Optional: Serve with a dollop of sour cream and chopped chives.
MORE CASSEROLE RECIPES