These Semi Homemade Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies look like they were made at a professional bakery. That’s what’s awesome about them! Putting together a dessert buffet is stressful enough. I ALWAYS go by the rule that not ALL items I serve at a party have to be COMPLETELY homemade.
For these beautiful cookies I started with store bought shortbread cookies (I used Keebler). Then I dipped them in my favorite chocolate from CHOCOLEY CHOCOLATE and sprinkled them with assorted toppings.
FOR DETAILED PICTURES WATCH THE SLIDE SHOW BELOW.
Melt chocolate (I chose to do both white and dark chocolate ONE AT A TIME) in a microwave safe bowl and drizzle over cookies. NOTE: DO NOT DIP THEM…TRY TO LEAVE THE BOTTOM CHOCOLATE FREE (I used a chocolate dipping tool I purchased at Michael’s). Tap off any excess chocolate use a butter knife to lift the cookie off of the dipping tool and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle topping on immediately after covering each cookie with chocolate.
- 1 (11.2 ounce) package store bought short bread cookies
- 2 cups chocolate (white or dark)
- assorted toppings (I used chopped pistachios and chopped dried cranberries for the white and chopped pecans and toffee bits for the dark)
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Pour chocolate melts and shortening into a medium microwave safe bowl.
- Heat 1minute and 30 seconds; stir.
- If necessary heat more at 15 second intervals.
- Stir to combine the shortening and chocolate until creamy.
- Place cookie on a fork or dipping tool.
DO NOT DIP
- Spoon melted chocolate over cookie making sure to coat not only the top but the sides too.
VIEW ABOVE SLIDE SHOW FOR DETAILED PICTURES.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet.
ADD TOPPINGS IMMEDIATELY AFTER PLACING CHOCOLATE COVERED COOKIE ON LINED COOKIE SHEET.
- Set aside to harden.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
MORE EASY COOKIE RECIPES