Six Layer Brookie Cheesecake: This incredible cheesecake is so decadent, so delicious and totally worthy of any holiday dessert table. EVERY LAYER is just as delicious as the next and putting them all together? The flavors are roll your eyes in the back of your head incredible!
Do you ever struggle to choose between indulging in a rich, chocolatey brownie or indulging in a creamy slice of cheesecake? What if I told you that you could have both in one delicious dessert? Introducing the brookie cheesecake – a decadent combination of two beloved treats that will satisfy all of your cravings in one bite. Imagine sinking your teeth into a moist, fudgy brownie bottom, topped with a luscious layer of caramel, chocolate chip cookie dough, smooth cheesecake, and finished with a generous layer of homemade whipped cream. Are you salivating yet? Get ready to take your taste buds on a tantalizing ride and discover the ultimate dessert for chocolate and cheesecake lovers alike.
How to Make the Six Layer Brookie Cheesecake
This delicious recipe has layers of chocolate cookies, fudge brownies, caramel, cheesecake and whipped cream come together to create the best decadent cheesecake.
- For the Crust:
- 2 cups crushed chocolate teddy grahams (1-10ounce box) or graham crackers
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- ! For the Brownie Layer:
- 6 ounces mini chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- For the Caramel Layer:
- ½ cup caramel ice cream topping
- For the Cookie Layer:
- 1 (16½ ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- For the Garnish:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- shaved chocolate
FOR THE CRUST:
- Preheat oven temperature to 300°. *If using Teddy Grahams* Add cookies to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until cookies are ground into crumbs.
- Pour crumbs into a medium bowl, stir in the sugar, add melted butter, stir until combined.
- Press crust into bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 6 minutes, let cool.
- While the crust cools, prepare the brownie layer.
FOR THE BROWNIE LAYER:
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate and butter in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until chocolate is melted and smooth (about 1 minute).
- Whisk into the melted chocolate, sugar, eggs and flour just until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of cooled crust.
- Bake 13 minutes. NOTE: Brownie layer should be set but wiggle. Let cool completely.
FOR THE CARAMEL LAYER:
- Spread caramel topping evenly over brownie layer.
FOR THE COOKIE LAYER:
- Combine the cookie dough, form into a 9 inch round, and place it onto the caramel layer. Set aside and make the cheesecake layer.
FOR THE CHEESECAKE BATTER:
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy, making sure you scrape the sides of the bowl.
- To the cream cheese mixture, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in flour and vanilla just until combined.
- Stir in sour cream.Pour over cookie dough layer.
- Bake 1 hour. Remove from oven, and gently run a knife around the outside edges of the pan to release the crust. NOTE: the center of the cheesecake should wiggle a little.
- Let cool completely, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
FOR THE GARNISH:
- Place a mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, vanilla, and sugar to the cold bowl.
- Mix on low until cream starts to thicken (making sure to scrap down the sides).
- Once the cream starts to thicken, turn the mixer on high speed.
- Whip until stiff peaks form. DO NOT OVER BEAT.
- Fill a piping bag and pipe swirls of whipped cream or spoon on whipped cream. NOTE: I USED ROUND TIP #867
- Using a box grater, grate a chocolate bar, and sprinkle on top of whipped cream.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve
- MAKES 1 (9-INCH) CHEESECAKE
The Six Layers in the Brookie Cheesecake
CHOCOLATE COOKIE CRUST
CHOCOLATE BROWNIE BOTTOM
Chocolate Layer: This decadent layer is like eating a chewy gooey brownie bottom. DELICIOUS!
Caramel: I used store bought caramel ice cream topping. Other options could be a can of Dulce de Leche or making homemade caramel. Scroll down this post to find my recipe for →HOMEMADE CARAMEL
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH LAYER
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Layer: Store bought cookie dough is the way to go for this recipe. The cookie dough stays soft nestled between the brownie and cheesecake. Totally divine!
CREAMY CHEESECAKE LAYER
HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM WITH CHOCOLATE SHAVINGS
A Labor of Love
Be Warned….this cheesecake takes a full day to make. But TRUST ME…..it is worth it! This cheesecake is not hard to make. The layers are easy, but there are layers and with layers comes time. From the chocolate crust, dense brownie layer, chocolate chip cookie dough to the creamy cheesecake filling….EVERY BITE IS INCREDIBLE!
Overnight Storage Trick
Whipped Cream Piping Tip
What is a Brookie?
Can Cheesecake Be Frozen?
- To use the bottom of springform pan: Once the cheesecake is completely cooled and has been in the refrigerator (in the pan) for at least 4 hours preferably overnight. Release the outer rim of the pan, leaving the cheesecake sitting on the bottom of the pan. Wrap the cheesecake with several layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil or place in an airtight container.
- To use a cardboard bottom: Once the cheesecake has been refrigerated and if completely cooled and firm, use a knife to separate the cheesecake from the pan bottom. Slice it onto a foil wrapped piece of heavy hardboard. Then wrap with several layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil. (This method scares me)
- For a cheesecake with fruit topping: ALWAYS freeze cheesecake WITHOUT the topping. Add the topping before serving
- Always thaw a cheesecake overnight in the refrigerator: When partially thawed, transfer if from the cardboard or springform bottom to a serving plate.
How to Freeze 6 Layer Brookie Cheesecake
Wrap well before freezing and thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving. I recommend freezing the cheesecake WITHOUT the whipped cream and shredded chocolate toppings.
HOW TO SLICE CHEESECAKE
SIGN UP FOR THE LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN NEWSLETTER
NEWSLETTER: Receive (twice a month) seasonally themed newsletters full of recipes, tips and tricks. Sometimes even FREE gifts! Click here for the Newsletter→CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER
THANKS FOR VISITING♥