Dessert is always something everyone wants by either won’t allow themselves to have (due to calories) or don’t have the time to make it. That’s why this Slow Cooker Baked Apple Dessert is the perfect dessert! Low in calories, easy to put together and left alone in your slow cooker to bake. Eat this apple dessert on it’s own, add low fat cool whip or low fat vanilla ice cream.
Make the filling and set aside.
Using a melon baller hallow out crispy apples.
Fill with brown sugar, raisins, orange zest and orange juice and place in slow cooker.
Add butter and bake.
The perfect treat for an afternoon snack too!
Slow Cooker Baked Apple Dessert
- 6 Fuji apples, cored
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine the raisins, brown sugar and orange zest.
- Spoon into cored apples.
- Place apples in a slow cooker.
- Pour water in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Drizzle the orange juice over the apples.
- Top with pieces of butter.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours or until apples are tender.
- Drizzle the juice in the bottom of the slow cooker over apples when serving.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain