Slow Cooker Moroccan Ribs | Let your slow cooker do all the work! Create a delicious meal with a Moroccan flair. With wonderful ingredients like turmeric, garbanzo beans and an added touch of sweetness from dried apricots! Serve your ribs on a bed of couscous to really drive the flavors home.
Don’t you just love dump and leave meals? I know I do! Especially on a busy work day. All I have to do is assemble the dish and leave. It’s totally awesome! Plus, I love coming home to the smell of dinner!
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo (chickpeas) beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless beef ribs
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- In a small bowl stir together the cumin, salt, turmeric, coriander and pepper; set aside.
- In a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker add the onions and garbanzo beans; sprinkle tapioca on top of vegetables.
- Place ribs on top of vegetables; sprinkle on spice mixture.
- Pour tomatoes and water over the ribs.
- Cover and cook on low 10 to 11 hours or on high for 5 to 5 1/2 hours.
- Serve on top of cooked couscous.
- Sprinkle cashews and dried apricots over top of the ribs.
MORE SLOW COOKER DISHES WITH AN INTERNATIONAL FLAIR