Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken | Great flavor with little effort. This one pot wonder is extremely tasty and perfect for a weeknight dinner. Plus…BONUS! This Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken only has 302 calories including rice! Scroll down for an Instant Pot option. Still all the great flavors but made in less then 30 minutes.
The perfect ending to a busy day. I love coming home from a hard day, knowing dinner is waiting for me. You may not think of this Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken as comfort food but it TOTALLY IS! This is one of my families favorite recipes. With the tangy flavors of white wine and red wine vinegar along with great ingredients like capers, prunes and green olives. Almost every ingredient packs a punch of flavor!
Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken
When it comes to one pot meals this Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken is on the top of my family’s list. Not only is it the perfect weeknight dinner and easy to make but this recipe is also full of flavorful ingredients that really pack a punch, like white wine, red wine vinegar, green olives and dried plums. Click here for the recipe—->>>>Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken.
If you’re looking for more chicken recipes here are a few of my favorites! ARTICHOKE LEMON CHICKEN FILLETS, SPICY ASIAN BOURBON CHICKEN and BAKED CHICKEN CHILI RELLENO. Did you know I have a whole category dedicated to slow cooker recipes? Click here for over 40 recipes—->>>>SLOW COOKER RECIPES.
Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup prunes
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives
- 4 small chicken legs and 4 thighs (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- To a 5-6 quart slow cooker, add wine, brown sugar, oregano, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; whisk together.
- Add garlic, capers, prunes, and olives; mix.
- Add chicken, nestling it among olives and prunes.
- Cover slow cooker with lid, and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- Gently stir in parsley.
- Thirty minutes before serving, cook rice according to package directions.
- Serve chicken, prunes, olives, and sauce over rice.
MORE SLOW COOKER RECIPES
NEVER MISS A POST!
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER