Baked Coconut Shrimp is my all time favorite way to eat shrimp. Perfectly juicy and crispy without all the grease from the fattier fried version.
This Baked Coconut Shrimp makes the perfect appetizers for hungry game watchers.
Serve with APRICOT-PINEAPPLE SALSA this sweet salsa really compliments the shrimp.
Create your own Recipe Box and save your favorite Lady Behind The Curtain recipes. Make a Meal Plan with your favorite recipes and ZipList will automatically add the ingredients to a Shopping List.
- 18 uncooked jumbo shrimp
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- non stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a wire cooling rack on top of a baking sheet, spray with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Peel and vein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Make a slit down inner curve of each shrimp, starting at the tail; press lightly to flatten.
- In a shallow dish, combine the cornstarch, salt and cayenne; set aside.
- Add eggs to another shallow dish.
- Using a fork whip until broken up and combined.
- Put coconut into another shallow dish.
- Coat shrimp with cornstarch mixture; dip into eggs, then coat with coconut.
- Place on prepared wire rack.
- Bake 15 minutes.
APRICOT PINEAPPLE SALSA