Baked Coconut Shrimp | Perfectly juicy on the inside with just the right amount of coconut on the outside to lend a nice crunchy shrimp. Now I can be at ease when eating my favorite shrimp. Unlike the deep fried version this one is baked and trust me when I say you won’t miss the grease!
I usually serve this for dinner but this Baked Coconut Shrimp makes the perfect appetizer for hungry game watchers or a dinner party. When you serve your guests this shrimp they will know this is going to be a great party!
Baked Coconut Shrimp
- 18 uncooked jumbo shrimp
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- non stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a wire cooling rack on top of a baking sheet, spray with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Peel and vein shrimp.
- In a shallow dish, combine the cornstarch, salt and cayenne; set aside.
- Add eggs to another shallow dish.
- Using a fork whip until broken up and combined.
- Put coconut into another shallow dish.
- Coat shrimp with cornstarch mixture; dip into eggs, then coat with coconut.
- Place on prepared wire rack.
- Spray the tops of the shrimp with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes.
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES