Stir together the caramel and sauteed apples before eating this delicious treat!
Layers of sauteed apples with cinnamon and a touch of butter then topped with caramel and a swirl of icing. Yes, this Caramel Apple Yogurt can be for dessert! I like to pack it in a lunch for a mid morning or afternoon snack.
Pair this Caramel Apple Yogurt with my Fruit and Flaxseed Muffins or my Low Fat Zucchini Muffins for a good breakfast.
Create your own Recipe Box and save your favorite Lady Behind The Curtain recipes. Make a Meal Plan with your favorite recipes and ZipList will automatically add the ingredients to a Shopping List.
This Yogurt is full of apples and cinnamon with a touch of caramel! Delish!
- 1 1/2 cups light vanilla yogurt
- 1 apple cored and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoons Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 teaspoons fat free caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- To a medium pan add apples ,butter, Splenda, cinnamon and water.
- Saute until the butter is melted, cover and turn down heat.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until apples are just tender but still a little crisp.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Measure 1/2 cup of yogurt, add half to the bottom of your container.
TIP: I like using 1/2 pint mason jars because they are easy to store and take along.
- Layer with 2 tablespoons of apple mixture, add the remaining yogurt, top with another 2 tablespoons of apples, drizzle on 1 teaspoon of caramel and 1/3 of the icing.
For the Icing:
- In a small bowl add sugar and water, stir until creamy, equally drizzle over tops of yogurt.
MORE LIGHT BREAKFAST RECIPES
1. LIGHT BLUEBERRY BANANA MUFFINS 2. CINNAMON ROLLS 3. LIGHT OATMEAL SCONES 4. PULL APART DONUT