Stir together the caramel and sauteed apples before eating this delicious treat!
Layers of sauteed apples with cinnamon and a touch of butter then topped with caramel and a swirl of icing. Yes, this Caramel Apple Yogurt can be for dessert! I like to pack it in a lunch for a mid morning or afternoon snack.
- 1 1/2 cups light vanilla yogurt
- 1 apple cored and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoons Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 teaspoons fat free caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- To a medium pan add apples ,butter, Splenda, cinnamon and water.
- Saute until the butter is melted, cover and turn down heat.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until apples are just tender but still a little crisp.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Measure 1/2 cup of yogurt, add half to the bottom of your container.
TIP: I like using 1/2 pint mason jars because they are easy to store and take along.
- Layer with 2 tablespoons of apple mixture, add the remaining yogurt, top with another 2 tablespoons of apples, drizzle on 1 teaspoon of caramel and 1/3 of the icing.
For the Icing:
- In a small bowl add sugar and water, stir until creamy, equally drizzle over tops of yogurt.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 half pint mason jar
Amount Per Serving Calories 136