Serve this not too sweet Fresh Strawberry Quick Bread next time you have a breakfast brunch or ladies luncheon. This Fresh Strawberry Quick Bread is one of my favorites. Light and full of strawberries.
A produce department stocked with fresh big juicy strawberries tells me Summer is almost here!
- 1 cup fresh chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons strawberry extract
- 1 teaspoon water or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the chopped strawberries and 1 tablespoon of flour.
- In a mixing bowl add the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix until fluffy.
- In another medium bowl add the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk together.
- With the mixer on low add the flour mixture and alternate with the milk.
- Mix until batter is smooth.
- Fold in strawberries and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 58 minutes or until center is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take out of pan and cool completely.
For the Glaze:
- In a small bowl mix together the sugar, extract and water until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled bread.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain