Everyone loves a good pound cake. They are easy to make with tons of different fillings, and topping. This Chocolate Pound Cake with Hot Fudge Sauce is no exception to the rules of pound cake making. Easy, delicious and served with a thick rich Hot Fudge Sauce.
Whether you’re planning a day at the park, a backyard barbecue or a church social. Pack up this cake, with no melting frosting to worry about that makes this Chocolate Pound Cake the perfect outdoor choice.
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Hot Fudge recipe
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 15-cup Bundt pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coffee.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Mix until just combined, stir in sour cream.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hours or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve with Hot Fudge Sauce
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain