Semi Homemade Mini Caramel Apple Pies | Quick and easy pies perfect for parties or game day. Adding the caramel to the inside makes these pies mess free and perfect for entertaining. For this recipe I used my Perfect Every Time 10 Minute Pie Crust recipe. You can also use any store bought dough, making these Mini Caramel Apple Pies the perfect semi homemade dessert.
TIP: I used my pastry blender to chop up the apple pie filling.
Cut the pie dough into 3½-inch circles and use shy of 1 tablespoon of filling.
Semi Homemade Mini Caramel Apple Pies
For the Pie Filling
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
For the Pie Dough
- 1 recipe of Perfect Every Time 10 Minute Pie Crust
For the Topping
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ground cinnamon
- Turbino (raw) sugar or coarse sugar
For the Pie Filling:
- In a medium bowl add the pie filling, brown sugar, cinnamon salt and caramel.
- Stir to combine.
- Chop apple mixture (I used a pastry blending tool) and set aside.
For the Mini Pies:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Make the Perfect Every Time 10 Minute Pie Crust.
- Separate dough into four portions; roll each portion into 1/4-inch thickness one at a time.
- Use a 3 1/2-inch cookie cutter to cut out pies.
- Fill each pie with shy of one tablespoon of filling.
- Place on prepared cookie sheets.
- In a small bowl mix together the egg and water.
- Brush egg wash around the top edge of the pie; fold the dough in half making sure non of the filling is smashing out.
- Use the tines of a fork to press the dough down.
- Brush the entire top surface of pie with the egg wash; sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is cooked through and golden.
The filling recipe will fill 38 pies.
The pie crust will make 20 pies.
MORE MINI PIES