Perfect Every Time 10 Minute Pie Crust. A tender, easy, no fail crust that can be used for any dessert that calls for a pie crust. Just like Grandma used to make, this shortening based pie dough is super versatile with simple ingredients.
Recipes for the Perfect Every Time 10 Minute Pie Crust
- HAND PIES
- MINI PIES
The MANY USES FOR THIS PIE DOUGH RECIPE
FULL SIZE PIE
Can Homemade Pie Dough Be Frozen?
MORE PIE DOUGH RECIPES
- SWEET PIE DOUGH
- ALL BUTTER PIE DOUGH
- HALF SHORTENING AND HALF BUTTER PIE DOUGH
- CHOCOLATE PIE DOUGH
- PUDDING MIX PIE DOUGH
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 9 to 10 tablespoons cold water
- Add the flour and salt to a medium bowl; stir to combine.
- Using a pastry cutter of a fork and knife cut in the shortening until the pieces are the size of small peas.
- Sprinkle water over flour mixture; starting with 6 tablespoons.
- Work the water into the dough.
- Add more water a tablespoon at a time until the dough is moist.
- Divide dough into two balls.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough into desired size.