Perfect Every Time 10 Minute Pie Crust: A tender and easy no fail crust to make for any dessert that needs a crust! Before you go on I must let you know….this is just a recipe. Since the Perfect Every Time 10 Minute Pie Dough can be used in many different types of pies or pastries the baking time will vary with each recipe.
I have been making this crust since 1980! Oh my gosh! PLEASE do not do the math! This super tender crust is perfect for a cobbler, hand pies, tarts, galettes just about any dessert that has a crust. This crust is made the way my grandma used to make it. Using shortening and no butter. I remember the first time I made a pie for my grandma. She made sure to coach me on how to mix the dough together. “Don’t over mix it” she said….”or you’ll end up with a tough dough”.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 9 to 10 tablespoons cold water
- Add the flour and salt to a medium bowl; stir to combine.
- Using a pastry cutter of a fork and knife cut in the shortening until the pieces are the size of small peas.
- Sprinkle water over flour mixture; starting with 6 tablespoons.
- Work the water into the dough.
- Add more water a tablespoon at a time until the dough is moist.
- Divide dough into two balls.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough into desired size.