This Apricot Grilled Cheese sandwich is savory, creamy and sweet all at the same time. I discovered the perfect pairing of dried apricots and Havarti cheese when I did a pairing post (New Sargento Tastings Pairing Party). I make this sandwich for our weekend lunches. It’s easy and tasty too! I’m good at planning the weekly dinner menu but when it comes to weekend lunches I usually forget. I make sure I always have the ingredients I need to make this Apricot Grilled Cheese.
Have you ever tried a touch of sweetness to your grilled cheese? It may sound weird but I promise it is GOOD!
Add a layer of cheese and sprinkle chopped dried apricots.
Top with another layer of cheese (I used Havarti).
Make your own Panini Press by using a heavy skillet. Protect the skillet with piece parchment paper.
You’ll end up with a crunchy buttery sandwich.
- 4 ounces Havarti cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Lay one slice of bread (buttered side down) on a cast iron grill pan.
- Add cheese, apricots and another layer of cheese.
- Lay another butter slice of bread on top of the cheese layers with buttered side up.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top.
- To weigh down the sandwich add a heavy cast iron skillet on top.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes per side.
NOTE: You can also use a panini press.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain