I’ve been wanting to try fried pickles for quite sometime but living in Tucson you don’t really see them offered. I finally got my chance at a small pub in Utah and loved them. I decided to lighten them up a bit by baking them. These Baked Pickles are a fun alternative to French fries.
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 35 dill pickle chips
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the pickle chips on paper towels and dry them.
- Place panko bread crumbs in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until the crumbs are brown.
- Place panko in a shallow bowl; the flour in a shallow bowl and the egg whites in another shallow bowl.
- Coat pickles in the flour, then the eggs, finishing with the panko.
- Place pickles in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes on each side or until crisp.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain