This sandwich reminds me of summer!
Have something different for lunch! How about these Shrimp Po’ Boys with Light Spicy Sauce! A nice alternative to the heavy sub sandwich.
First you coat the shrimp with a seasoned cornmeal and then bake. Juicy and full of flavor on their own. This succulent shrimp sandwich is slathered with a delicious Light Spicy Sauce.
- 2 pound bag of 31 to 40 count Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- 2 (12 ounce) French bread baguette, each cut crosswise into 4 pieces
- Light Spicy Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Place cleaned shrimp in a medium bowl, add the buttermilk, cornmeal and old bay.
- Stir until all the shrimp is coated with the cornmeal mixture.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 16 minutes or until the shrimp is pink.
- Cut bread pieces to but not through the bottom, hollow out some of the bread, leaving 1/2-inch thick shell.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the Light Spicy Sauce to the bread.
- Add lettuce and shrimp.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain