Banana Cream Pie Ice Cream: Transform Banana Ice Cream into an ice cream that looks like a pie. The perfect make ahead dessert.
This dessert is perfect for when you are having a dinner party and need something creamy, delicious but not too sweet. It’s also perfect because it can be made days in advance, kept in the freezer and taken out 30 minutes before ready to serve. This fresh dessert is NOT like store bought. It starts with a buttery vanilla wafer crust, chunks of freshly sliced bananas, creamy banana pudding ice cream, cool whip and more vanilla wafer crumbs. What a dessert!
♥♥CLICK««HERE »»TO PRINT OUT YOUR OWN PRETTY RECIPE CARD. PRINT OUT SEVERAL TO TAKE WITH YOU WHEN YOU TAKE THIS DESSERT TO A FUNCTION. BECAUSE YOU KNOW THEY’RE GOING TO WANT THE RECIPE.♥♥ 😆
IF YOU HAVE IT USE CARD STOCK FOR YOUR CARDS. THEY’LL BE MORE DURABLE.
For me, making something special for the people I love is my way of showing them how much they mean to me. It gives me pleasure to serve them and make them feel special. I created this Banana Cream Pie Ice Cream because frozen desserts and cream pies are my husbands two favorite desserts and this pie offers BOTH!
For the Crust:
- 1 3/4 cups ground vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
For the Banana Pudding Ice Cream:
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (3.4 ounce) banana cream pudding mix
- optional yellow food coloring
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
For the Extras:
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 (8 ounce) tub cool whip
- 1/4 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
For the Crust:
- Add cookies to a food processor and pulse into cookie crumbs.
- Add sugar and pulse to combine.
- With the processor running drizzle in the melted butter.
- Pour onto a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Evenly press crust to the bottom of the pan.
For the Banana Cream Ice Cream:
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, sugar, vanilla, pudding mix and a few drops of the optional yellow food coloring until combined stir in the heavy cream.
- Pour pudding mixture into a frozen ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to the ice cream maker directions.
- Add banana slices to the top of the crust.
- When the ice cream is finished churning, pour over the prepared crust and bananas; carefully evenly disburse.
- Spoon cool whip over ice cream; with an off set spatula even out.
- Sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs on top of cool whip.
- Cover with foil; place in the freezer overnight or until completely frozen.
- Take out of the freezer 30 minutes before ready to serve.
MORE ICE CREAM RECIPES