Banana Nut Baked Oatmeal: Packed with healthy ingredients, light and creamy almost like a bread pudding. Busy weekdays don’t have to mean an unhealthy grab-n-go breakfast. Make this baked oatmeal the night before, put it in the oven while you’re getting ready. Now you have a delicious, healthy no fuss breakfast.
Banana nut bread is one of my favorite indulgences but I usually only allow myself to have it very few times throughout the year. That’s why I created this Banana Nut Baked Oatmeal. Full of healthy ingredients like oat bran, steel cut oats, bananas, chia seeds and flaxseeds. Comfort food without all the calories or fuss.
Eat this oatmeal plain or for a touch of sweetness add a small drizzle of caramel ice cream topping.
- 2 1/2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup smashed banana
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
THE DAY BEFORE:
- In a large bowl stir together the rolled oats, oat bran, steel cut oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, chia seeds, flax seeds, sugar and brown sugar.
- In the same bowl stir in the egg, milk, oil, vanilla, banana and walnuts.
- Pour into a 2 quart baking dish; cover with plastic wrap, place in the refrigerator to chill for 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take off plastic wrap and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until the top is evenly browned.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.
Optional: Drizzle on each piece a small amount of caramel ice cream topping.
MORE OATMEAL RECIPES