Berry Baked Oatmeal: Warm up from the inside with this delicious morning treat perfect for a Brunch or out of town guests. Put the Berry Casserole together the night before and pop it in the oven the next morning.
How to Make Berry Baked Oatmeal
- INGREDIENTS (full printable recipe below)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1½ cups berries (I used sliced strawberries and whole blackberries)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat a 8 x8-inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in the milk, egg, butter, vanilla and nuts until moist and combined.
- Fold in berries.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Can I Double This Recipe?
Change It Up!
- BLUEBERRIES AND LEMON ZEST
- APPLE CINNAMON
- PEACH AND CINNAMON
- BANANA NUT
How to Store Berry Baked Oatmeal
HOW TO STORE BERRY BAKED OATMEAL: That’s if you have any leftover….Baked Oatmeal holds up well to storing. After the casserole has cooled, cover the dish with plastic wrap or transfer to a container with a lid.
HOW TO RE HEAT BERRY BAKED OATMEAL: The easiest way to reheat oatmeal is in the microwave.