Black Forest Cake Mix Cookie Recipe | Chocolate covered cherries! These cookies taste like you’re eating a chocolate covered cherry. The chocolate adds a decadence while the cherry pie filling adds a touch of sweetness. It’s like eating a piece of your favorite cake!
I love how easy these cookies are to make but they would fit right in with a nice dinner. If you plan ahead and have a batch of batter in the freezer waiting for a last minute dessert. Whenever I’m hosting a bridal shower I usually serve these cookies as one of my desserts.
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 (15.25 ounce) butter golden cake mix or yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- In a small microwave safe bowl heat 1 cup chocolate chips and heavy cream until melted (about 1 minute).
- Stir until creamy; set aside to cool (about 5 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl; add the cake mix, eggs, melted chocolate, cocoa and chocolate chips.
- Mix until combined.
- Use a 2 ounce cookie scoop; add mounds of cookie dough to the prepared cookie sheets (9 to a sheet).
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until done.
- Use a tablespoon measuring spoon and make an indention in the center of each HOT cookie.
- Spoon THREE cherries into the center of each completely cooled cookie.
MORE CAKE MIX COOKIE RECIPES