Chocolate Pecan Thumbprint Cake Mix Cookie Recipe | Simplify your favorite recipe by using a cake mix! I am confident this chocolate pecan thumbprint cookie recipe will become your all time favorite.
With only a few ingredients you can bake them and store in the freezer. Drop one in your kids lunch box and by the time lunch rolls around the cookie will be defrosted and taste just as fresh as the day they were baked. These cookies are also great for company! All I know is once your guests take a bite they will be asking you for the recipe. Little do they know it’s a cake mix cookie!
- 1 (15.25 ounce) butter golden cake mix or yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- dark chocolate candy melts
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl; add the cake mix, eggs, oil and pecans.
- Mix until combined.
- Use a 2 ounce cookie scoop; add mounds of cookie dough to the prepared cookie sheets (9 to a sheet).
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until done.
- Use a tablespoon measuring spoon and make an indention in the center of each HOT cookie.
- Fill the center of each completely cooled cookie with melted chocolate.
- Set aside for the chocolate to harden.
MORE CAKE MIX COOKIE RECIPES