Today I am celebrating PUMPKIN DAY! I have joined with some amazing food bloggers to bring you not just this recipe but even more! Scroll down to get more delicious pumpkin recipes and fill your recipe box with PUMPKIN!
Fill your home with the wonderful aroma of these Caramel Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls! These gooey, melt in your mouth cinnamon rolls have pumpkin right in them! Yep, folks I added pumpkin to the dough! Your family will be blown away by these tender festive cinnamon rolls.
With pumpkin in the dough, pumpkin in the filling and pumpkin in the EASY PUMPKIN CARAMEL SAUCE along with your favorite Fall baking spices. It’s a pumpkin explosion!
First, make the dough and place it in a bowl sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
Cover with plastic wrap, sit it in a warm place ( I usually place my bowl on the stove top) and let rise until double (about 1 hour).
Roll dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12×10-inch rectangle.
Spread on the pumpkin filling.
Roll and slice into 12 1-inch rolls. Place into a 9×13-inch baking pan sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rise again (I place mine on my stove top). Double in size.
Take rolls out of the pan as soon as they are finished baking. TIP: They will stick to the pan because of all the sugar in the filling.
Drizzle on the Pumpkin Glaze made with my Easy Pumpkin Caramel Sauce (pictured below).
For the Pumpkin Roll Dough:
3 to 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
1/2 cup solid-pack pumpkin
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
For the Filling:
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon solid-pack pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup light brown sugar
For the Pumpkin Glaze:
For the Cinnamon Rolls:
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cups flour and yeast; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the pumpkin, milk, sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Warm to 120 to 130 degrees or until the butter is almost melted.
- Mix in the egg to the flour/yeast mixture.
- Pour the heated pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture.
- Beat on low until flour and pumpkin are combined (about 30 seconds).
- Beat on high 3 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cups flour and mix until combined.
- Pour dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place in a large bowl sprayed with non stick cooking spray turning once to coat the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place ( I place mine on the top of my stove).
- Let rise 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Roll dough into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle.
- Spread filling to an inch of the edges.
- Roll dough jelly roll style.
- Cut into 12 slices 1-inch each.
- Place rolls, cut side down in a 9x13-inch baking pan sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the rolls are hot take them out of the pan and place them on a serving dish. If you leave them in the pan the sugar used for the filling will harden and it will be too hard to get the rolls out in one piece.
- Add pumpkin glaze to hot rolls.
For the Filling:
- Melt butter in the microwave,
- Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and brown sugar.
For the Pumpkin Glaze:
- Pour Pumpkin Caramel Sauce into a medium bowl.
- Add the confectioners' sugar, pumpkin and salt.
- Mix until creamy.
Did you make this recipe? Pin it for Later!
Mention @Lady Behind the Curtain or tag #ladybehindthecurtain
CELEBRATING PUMPKIN DAY WITH SOME OF MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS!
Pumpkin cheesecake bars from Roxana’s Home Baking
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Biscotti from Happy Food Healthy Life
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filled Sugar Cookies from Food Faith Fitness
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies from It’s Yummi
Caramel Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from Lady Behind The Curtain
Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars from The Redhead Baker
Light Pumpkin Cookies w/Cream Cheese Frosting from Food Done Light
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies w/ Spicy Spiked Chocolate Filling from A Cookie Named Desire
Oh my gosh, Sheryl… these cinnamon rolls look AMAZING! Hoping I have a chance to bake up a batch soon!
Thanks Becca! 🙂
I like how you celebrate Sheryl, those look amazing!!
I want to eat these right off the screen! I love pumpkin and caramel and these look amazing!!