For when life is too busy to make a complicated meal make this chicken in a bag. You can also add potatoes cut in half.
- oven bag (14x20)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope of chicken gravy mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 6 pieces of chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- small bundle of thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Shake flour in bag to coat.
- Place bag in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix together gravy, garlic powder and chick broth.
- Pour in bag.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place in bag.
- Add carrots, celery, bay leaves and thyme to the bag and place around the chicken.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain