Chocolate Wine Ganache Mini Tarts: A decadent chocolate dessert, not too sweet with just the right amount of rich chocolate, and a hint of wine. This chocolate tart starts with a chocolate graham cracker crust then is filled with a dark chocolate ganache and covered with white chocolate whipped cream. The perfect holiday dessert. The tart may look complex but with only a few ingredients, even the inexperienced baker can make this super easy tart. Scroll down to see how you can transform these mini tarts into a full size tart.
What is Ganache?
How to make Chocolate Ganache
- THERE ARE THREE METHODS:
- ONE: In the top of a double boiler, combine the chocolate and cream. Cook over simmering water, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- TWO: Place chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Heat cream until just simmering. Pour hot cream over chocolate, let sit for a few minutes and stir until smooth.
- THREE: (My choice) Add chocolate and cream to a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high (in the microwave) 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
Transforming Mini Tarts into a Full Size Tart
- Spray a 9½ inch fluted round removable bottom tart pan with baking spray with flour.
- Pour chocolate graham cracker crumb mixture into the prepared pan.
- Press mixture into bottom and up side of pan.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Pour all the ganache filling into cooled tart pan.
- Refrigerate until chocolate mixture is set (at least 3 hours)
- Spread topping on tart, garnish with chocolate crispies and chocolate shaving.
- Refrigerate until topping is set (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from pan and serve.
CAN I MAKE THESE CHOCOLATE WINE GANACHE MINI TARTS WITHOUT WINE?
In short the answer is YES! You can make these tarts into a purely chocolate and cream affair—because a chocolate tart is a celebration in itself! Instead of adding wine, increase the amount of heavy whipping cream.