Chocolate Wine Ganache Mini Tarts: A decadent chocolate dessert, not too sweet with just the right amount of rich chocolate, and a hint of wine. This chocolate tart starts with a chocolate graham cracker crust then is filled with a dark chocolate ganache and covered with white chocolate whipped cream. The perfect holiday dessert. The tart may look complex but with only a few ingredients, even the inexperienced baker can make this super easy tart. Scroll down to see how you can transform these mini tarts into a full size tart.
What is Ganache?
How to make Chocolate Ganache
- THERE ARE THREE METHODS:
- ONE: In the top of a double boiler, combine the chocolate and cream. Cook over simmering water, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- TWO: Place chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Heat cream until just simmering. Pour hot cream over chocolate, let sit for a few minutes and stir until smooth.
- THREE: (My choice) Add chocolate and cream to a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high (in the microwave) 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
Transforming Mini Tarts into a Full Size Tart
- Spray a 9½ inch fluted round removable bottom tart pan with baking spray with flour.
- Pour chocolate graham cracker crumb mixture into the prepared pan.
- Press mixture into bottom and up side of pan.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Pour all the ganache filling into cooled tart pan.
- Refrigerate until chocolate mixture is set (at least 3 hours)
- Spread topping on tart, garnish with chocolate crispies and chocolate shaving.
- Refrigerate until topping is set (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from pan and serve.
CAN I MAKE THESE CHOCOLATE WINE GANACHE MINI TARTS WITHOUT WINE?
In short the answer is YES! You can make these tarts into a purely chocolate and cream affair—because a chocolate tart is a celebration in itself! Instead of adding wine, increase the amount of heavy whipping cream.
MORE RECIPES WITH CHOCOLATE
For the Crust:
- 1½ cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 12 sheets)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Chocolate Wine Ganache:
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup red wine
For the White Chocolate Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
For the Garnish:
- chocolate shavings
- chocolate crunchies sprinkles
For the Crust:
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9 (4-inch) mini tart pans with baking spray with flour. In the bowl of a food processor, add the graham crackers and pulse until the crackers reach a crumb texture. Add the sugar, pulse until combined. Add the melted butter, pulse until well combined and mixture holds together when pinched. Pour ¼ cup mixture into each tart pan. Press cracker mixture into bottom and up the sides. Place tart pans with the crust on a cookie sheet; bake 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
For the Ganache:
Add chocolate and cream into a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat on high 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Whisk in the wine. Add 1/3 cup of ganache to each tart. Smooth to the edges. Refrigerate until mixture is set (at least 3 hours or overnight).
For the White Chocolate Whipped Topping:
In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the white chocolate and cream. Heat on high 1 minute, stir until smooth. Transfer to the bowl of a stand up mixer, and let cool to room temperature (about 70°). On medium speed add 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream to the white chocolate mixture, beating until smooth and stopping frequently to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add remaining 1/3 cup of whipping cream. Increase speed to medium high, beating until medium stiff peaks form (DO NOT OVER BEAT). Spread on top of each tart.
For the Garnish:
Using a grater, shave the side of a dark chocolate bar onto a piece of wax paper. Sprinkle over the tops of each tart. Add chocolate crunchies sprinkles.
For the Full Size Version:
The only different between the mini tarts and the full size tart is that all the ingredients (chocolate graham cracker crust, ganache filling and white chocolate whipped cream) are added to one tart instead of 9.